Rick Jensen – Professional Woodcarver and Instructor
Recognized as one of the United States’ leading woodcarving experts, Rick Jensen began his carving career whittling on sticks as a boy growing up in rural North Dakota. Rick’s natural talent grew as he studied with some of the best woodcarvers in the United States and Canada. It did not take long for Rick to find his niche in the world of woodcarving – carving Santas and whimsical tree houses from cottonwood bark.
An Internationally Respected Woodcarving Instructor
Rick Jensen’s career as a professional woodcarver took off as he began teaching seminars throughout the United States and Canada. More than 25 years ago, he set a goal to teach at all of the most prestigious woodcarving venues in the United States and has realized that dream.
Some of these settings have included:
• Sauder Village – Archbold, Ohio – Featured Artist and Judge
• Artistry in Wood – Dayton, Ohio – Instructor and Judge
• International Woodcarver’s Congress – Maquoketa, Iowa – Instructor
• War Eagle Seminar – Bentonville, Arkansas – Instructor
• Silver Dollar City – Branson, Missouri – Featured Artist and Seminar Instructor
• Peter Engler Designs – Branson, Missouri – Featured Artist
• International Carver’s Conference – Kitchener, Ontario, Canada – Presenter and Instructor
• Western and Wildlife Art Workshop – Crete, Nebraska – Instructor
Woodcarving Accolades and Achievements
Rick Jensen, Woodcarving Illustrated's 2014 Woodcarver of the Year, has won multiple Best of Show and People’s Choice awards, has been featured in art galleries in Chicago and Branson and has been the subject of books, magazine articles and a DVD on carving whimsical cottonwood bark houses. Currently, Rick Jensen’s woodcarvings are available for purchase via his website.
Rick Jensen’s influence on the world of woodcarving can be seen on pieces throughout the world. For more information on up-coming seminars or to make a purchase, please contact Rick by calling 218-281-5107 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.